NIC Megahlaya State Centre, one of the total solution providers of Government of Meghalaya, is actively involved in most of the IT enabled applications and has changed the mindset of the working community in the Government to make use of the latest state of the art technology in their day to day activities to provide better services to the citizens of Meghalaya
City Wide Network/ Local Area Network
- NKN : National Knwledge Network has been commssioned and connectivity to institutions such as ICAR, Umiam and North Eastern Hills University (NEHU) have been established.
- STM1 were installed in all NIC districts hqrs. to strengthen the connectivity at the Districts level.
- Optical Fiber Cable (OFC): Main Secretariat, Addl. Secretariat, Yojana Bhavan, 3rd Secretariat, New Administrative Building, Horse Shoe Building, Taxation Building, PHED, DGP’s Office and NIC Building are interconnected via Optical Fibre Cable (OFC)..
- Wireless /RF Links: 80 office buildings in and around the city are connected by Wireless/ Radio Frequency links.
- Wi-fi LAN: A wireless LAN of 100 Nodes capacity has been installed in the Yojana Bhavan.
- Lease Line Connection of 2 mbps: Taxation Department, Agriculture Department, Commissioner of Transport, Animal Husbandry & Vety. Dept., Directorate of Educational Research & Training (DERT), ITI, General Post Office, NEC and Census Operation has been connected using 2 mbps lease line.
- LAN: About 2000 nodes in the (Main Secretariat, Addl. Secretariat and Third Secretariat, New Administrative Bldg and Horse Shoe Building, etc.) has been connected to the LAN with e-mail and internet connectivity.
- Email: Approximately about 400 email accounts under NICNET domain have been created for government officials and departments.
Phone number: 222 8163/8164
- NIC, Network Support/Helpdesk: support-meg(at)nic(dot)in
- VC Support/Helpdesk: vc-meg(at)nic(dot)in
- Security Helpdesk: security-meg(at)nic(dot)in
- NKN Helpdesk: nkn-meg(at)nic(dot)in