Land Registration Computerisation
Registration is the process of legalizing a deed and involves presentment of handwritten or typed pages on which appropriate stamp duty has been paid by the executor to get the deed representing the transaction legalized
The main objective of this project are :
- To migrate to an online environment inorder to improve quality of service through reduction on delivery time period of registered document.
- Provides transparent & citizen friendly environment
- It is a paperless & hassle-free operation
- Robust system to cater to the registration process
- Centralization of database
The pilot project for the computerization of Land Registration has been implemented in East Khasi Hills district, Meghalaya.
The key processes and activities studied at the Registration Branch, D.C Office Shillong are as follows:
- Document Registration Process
- Re-Registration Process
- Issuance of Non Encumbrance Certificates